Friday, December 12, 2008

Very Late Rocky Horror Recap


I know I am WAY behind on this, but here is the long promised Rocky Horror Picture Show Recap.....along with a twist that fits right into the theory of this blog that funny things happen in my life.

The show started with a rock band performing the songs from the movie. They were dressed for the occasion, and by the third song the lead singer was wearing just underwear and fishnets. They were also very LOUD. After the cast was picked from the audience, we practiced the Time Warp and got our props ready for the movie. It was a great night of people watching, and I can confirm that our group participated in the fun of recreating the movie. We danced, threw rice during the wedding scene, and put newspaper over our heads to protect ourselves from our squirt gun induced rain storm.


Now here is the funny part:

Right before the movie started, I made one last quick trip to the restroom. In the lobby I ran into Karena. She and her husband Eric do all the work on our computers. They are a little younger than us, and very sweet, mild mannered computer geeks. She asked if I had seen Eric. I told her I hadn't. She said, "oh yes you did.....he was the lead singer of the band that played".

If you don't understand how funny this is, try this exercise: Think of Erkel. Now imagine Erkel fronting a rock band while wearing a thong and fishnets. Now imagine you know actually know Erkel, and that he was sitting in your office yesterday. It was THAT funny.

I went back to our seats and told our group that Tracy and I knew the singer in the pantyhose and high heels. Tracy rolled with laughter and our friends were very impressed that we know such interesting people.

2 comments:

Janet said...

NOW THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!! But Danny guess what? I have never seen or been to the Rocky Horror picture show. Glad you had a great time. We all need that sometimes. What did Whitney say about you knowing the lead singer?

Jmom said...

You guys are nuts, but glad you had such a good time.